Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Happily Growing Older Together!

One of my patients from Pittsburgh recently sent me a sweet letter, and she was kind enough to let me talk about her on the blog.

Margie is a very kind woman I worked with for several years in Pittsburgh.  She had a few separate musculoskeletal conditions, but I always emphasized to her that she was a person, not a collection of body parts, and that we should focus on her bigger dreams and goals, which including writing.  I told her I wanted to "grow old together" with her.  One of the highlights of my visits with her was when she would bring me something she had written, which helped me see what wonderful person she is.

One of the hardest parts of moving on to my next stage of life here on the Eastside is feeling like you are abandoning the patients you come to love.  So it was such a joy to get a letter from Margie seeing how well she is doing.


This is Margie, looking as spry and beautiful as ever, trimming some bushes.  She's wearing the Recovery Aid brace that I developed as Chief Medical Adviser for ActivAided (www.ActivAided.com), which helps her get back to action without her back pain limiting her.

Margie- thanks for letting me grow old with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment