Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A very nice review a patient shared with us, on yelp

5.0 star rating
2/17/2014
I want to thank Dr. Chimes and LWSS for the very positive experience that I had recently.

I have been dealing with chronic abdominal pain since 2001. In 2001, I had a series of tests that included X-rays, Ultrasound scan, CT scan, MRI, and Bone scan. While it was comforting that none of these diagnostic tests revealed anything really bad like a tumor or cancer, there was also nothing revealed to explain the pain I was having. In the intervening years, some of these tests were repeated in an ongoing attempt to diagnose the problem.

I saw Dr. Chimes for the first time in December, 2013 based on the recommendation of a physical therapist who I have great confidence in. In the initial consultation that included an extensive review of the history of my case, Dr. Chimes recommended another Ultrasound scan which he personally would perform at LWSS. In this test, he discovered what appeared to be a tear in the abdominal wall in the area of my pain. During the procedure, he also consulted with his partner, Dr. Hyman, to review the test and seek his opinion. Based on this diagnosis, a CT scan with contrast was ordered. This test confirmed the abdominal tear and provided further detail and clarity on the condition.

After many years of frustration, I now believe the source of the pain has been revealed and I am consulting with a surgeon to understand possible options to deal with the condition.

Feel free to share the experience that I had with anyone who might find it of value.

Howard Fitz

No comments:

Post a Comment