Monday, October 7, 2013

Positive Feedback- It's all about empowering patients

Recent positive feedback I heard from a patient:

"He spent an exceptional amount of time with me, especially on my first visit to review my symptoms and discuss why I was there. He was thoughtful, considerate, caring, and listened to me. My life as I knew it had been put on hold and his plan gave my life back to me. I did the work that was necessary, but he provided the people and plan that got me better."

One of the things I really love about this feedback is that the patient recognized that THEY were the person who made the biggest change, not me.

Dr. Hyman and I can facilitate patients, but ultimately what we can do is help patients empower themselves.  It's nice to know that sometimes we get this right.

No comments:

Post a Comment